As of Today: The Status of Trump
What do you think he would be facing if after being defeated in the election he just retired to his golf course home and lived out his days in a dignified manner? It’s what Nixon did when he retired, isn’t it? Well at least Nixon didn’t try to run again. Which is probably why he was pardoned by Ford. A plea deal to make him go away.
But that’s not who Trump is, is it?
And it’s not who Trump’s opponents are either.
So what is Trump facing?
- election fraud in Georgia
plus multiple lost law suits to challenge the election he lost
- secrecy violations/ documents at Mar-a-Lago he was asked to return
- tax fraud in New York
- inciting a riot/sedition in the Capitol leading up to Jan 6
- Stormy Daniels payment for her silence in New York.
….. chum in the waters
- He’s certainly made the USA govt look inept and continued to play kingpin behind the REPs actions on abortion and transgender rights/autonomy.
- And with his tour of speeches and rallies has continued to rabble rouse.
- Plus he entered his name again as a candidate for POTUS.
…… and this week
- He’s tried to initiate a protest if he gets arrested in New York.
- And tried to get the New York police to stand back if there are protests.
Not Nixon then?
Not even Bill Clinton, who supported his wife’s run rather than try his own ticket after being impeached….
But this is not coming from no where. Trump was the wild card candidate in 2016. The REPs knew he was a racist, sexist pig when he ran then. They knew he had no intention of being a ‘good boy’ candidate or president. Yet they ran him anyways. And still seem to be supporting him. To the point of intruding in the case against Trump in New York.
I’m pretty sure I’ll regret asking this since there are conservatives on the internet, but is this criminal who you want representing your country to the world? The answer since 2016 seems to be ‘yes’. At least far too many have said that.
“I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter: So help me God.”
“I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.” source
Do you think he will leave office if he is allowed back in?
One thought on “As of Today: The Status of Trump”