Q – Green Transportation – Could you sustain your life if you didn’t have a Personal Vehicle?
And how accessible would your place of residence be by bike or foot traffic?
Climatologists are asking people to find alt travel means. To reduce fossil fuels (esp oil and gas for vehicles) to reduce smog and to stop harmful extraction and transfer methods (ie pipelines) esp when they cross lands that belong to Indigenous Peoples.
So even if this isn’t an ideological concern for you, how about as a mental exercise?
- work from home or it’s close enough to walk or bike to
- grocery store near you
- if you have kids, can they get to school independently?
- is there a pub or restaurant you like to go to for a treat meal close by?
- how do you pay your bills? At the office or by phone, web?
- Are your friends and family that you visit with frequently close enough to get to by bike or walking?
If the common answer to these questions is no, can you make any changes?
If you can’t, try answering the questions with: can you go by bus, train, within a 1-way 1/2 hr commute affordably?
For people who have health issues, is your place of residence easily accessible for you? Are there services that would help you succeed if you can’t do it independently?