Q – What does it take to make you consider your group associations?
Whether on websites or real life, what kind of things do you look for when you consider if this group are safe to hang out with?
- Political or religious views?
- Group’s history?
- How much $$ it costs?
- who are the members?
- Does the hierarchy allow criticism, dissention? Is the process clear and transparent?
- Is there a positive purpose?
- Have they actually ever achieved things? Or are they strictly ideas, dreams, rhetoric oriented?
- If there are arrests of group members, esp the leaders, is it for civil disobedience (to change what’s negative about power?) or criminal activity unrelated to their protests?
- How do they spend funds? Are their books open to view?
- Does the group have a diverse base (lowest and highest members are inclusive)?
- What access/influence would you have on the group’s leaders?
- How would your boss/ school/religious group feel about this group being on your CV?