Sent: Sunday, November 29, 2015 at 5:32 PM
Subject: Fw: tips for getting thru the hard stuff
for the bad days when you want to crawl under your bed or into someone’s lap.
1) AA’s serenity prayer is an amazing tool. God (Higher power) grant me the serenity to accept the things I can not change, the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference.
2) Today is the only day you can do anything about. Yesterday is spilled milk and tomorrow is but a dream or plan.
3) You are the only you on earth. You have your own skills, talents and brilliant heart and mind. Nobody can replace you. You are here to be just you. And people love you just as you are.
4) Get the negative people OUT of your life. They use energy up like psi vampires.
5) Nobody faults you for making a mistake or falling more than you do. So STOP IT. Nobody is perfect. Nobody
6) The measure of success is not your job, schooling or bank balance. It’s far more often about living a positive, authentic life. Where you see growth in yourself, whether or not anyone else does.
7) If you can’t cope in big increments, then pick a smaller one. If a day or week is too much then live thru this hour or even minute if it’s hard to breathe beyond that.
8) Bad stuff that happened to you is NOT your fault, esp if you were a child and the grownups failed to protect you. Stop blaming yourself for their failure and get mad at them. Put the blame where it really belongs and then let the bad feelings go.
9) It is ok to feel whatever it is you feel and anyone who tells you otherwise is a control freak. But work it thru. Don’t wallow in it.
10) REACH OUT!! On your good days, fill your life with resources to help you thru the bad ones. Using/abusing addictions will never make things right.
11) Never ask more of yourself than you can do. Yes this will change from day to day.
12) Love yourself for all your good and bad things that make you you. ❤